I guess I am kinda biased since I live here in Melbourne. But I’m a USA expat originally from sunny California. The reasons why I love Melbourne:
1. Fabulous coffee.
2. Great playgrounds for children.
3. Amazing food. Chin Chin located in the CBD is yummy.
4. The cockatoo’s and parrots that fly by when you are walking around town.
5. Great shopping.
6. It’s only a 20 minute car ride in any direction and you can see wild kangaroos and the rugged wild terrain.
7. The people are friendly.
8. It’s easy to get around without hoping in a car. The public transportation such as a tram or a train are cheap and it’s easy to understand how the city is mapped out.
9. Mornington Peninsula is beautiful place to go to getaway for the weekend.
10. Bells Beach is a great place to go surfing.
Enjoyment Score: 10/10
Submitted by fromheretotherewithkids.com